“do you smell that? it smells like something is burning.”
“i do smell that. is it the shredder? or the light? it smells like a burning motor or something.”
well. it turns out it was worse. that burning smell was some smoldering wires behind the light switch. the wall was warm to the touch. not hot, but definitely more than warm. i killed the power and took out the switch to reveal some wires that had been burning up the inside of the box. luckily we smelled it. so now we are living with a fourth of the house without power while paul works on it. could have been a lot worse. thankfully, God is watching over us. just like always.